Friday, October 17, 2008

Encouragment

Some people may remember my testimony a few Sundays ago during service. I just wanted to share a little more with you and encourage you to be bold in your faith! As I continue to go out to places like malls, universities, and festivals to share my faith I know God is hard at work using little old me! I have met many people and shared my faith with them over the last 6 months. I often wondered in my human-ness, "Am I doing any good?" Well I met a dear brother at E91 just 2 weeks ago who is coming to the "One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven" classes. He wrote me an e-mail today to tell me he went to the Castleton mall the other night and ran into people who were reading "One Heartbeat Away" (Mark Cahill's book, which I give to each person I talk to). When he told these people that he knew me personally and was out there doing the same thing their faces lit up. Here is what he wrote:

"I was at the mall last night handing out some tracts and talking to people. Just wanted to let you know that I watered one of the seeds you planted. Her name was Annette. She's a pretty black girl that works at one of the little kiosks. She said you gave her one heartbeat away about a week ago. How cool is that, that God had me talk to her after you had just talked with her. You should have seen her eyes!"

You see, God is at work when we are obedient to Him. My silly concern was just blown away to know that other Christians are stepping out to water the seeds that other Christians have planted. Isn't that what it is all about? If all of us constantly lived for Christ and spoke His name in love and truth people would keep hearing about the good news. I don't have to go out and save anyone...I can't. Only God can change their hearts and bring them to salvation, but we need to do our parts and plant the seeds. Let us inundate our communities with Jesus Christ so people are hearing/seeing the Gospel over and over and over...not what the world is telling them. Don't ever feel pressured that you must see results or must convert people...leave it to the One who can hanlde it. Plant the seeds and let God take it from there!! God Bless you all!
I Corinthians 3:5-9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know more about the class - "One thing you cant do in Heaven. I have the book and I'm currently reading it. I became a Christian in the Fall of 2007. I'm wanting to learn more about sharing Gods Word with others but not sure where God wants to use me. I struggle with thinking I'm just not ready or dont know enough yet, but at the same time have so much love for God and what God has done in my life. I realized last night I need to be out there giving Christ to the World. I'm not sure what that outreach will look like but i am seeking. I went to E 91st streets website thinking they might have some program I could get involved with i.e. visiting a nursing home or maybe the elderly who are home bound ect.. but did not see this. I know i need to take responsibility to get my self out there. I'm 56 but a very young and healthy 56 year old. I do work out at LifeTime fitness which gives me some opportunity to witness but I'm wanting to do more. I'v never done this BLOG thing before, not sure who is going to read this, but saw the opportunity to make a comment so here it is. Thanks for taking the time to read about me. I pray that God will direct my steps and work through me.
Christne Pearl